September 17, 2008

Being Disha

I am Disha Kapadia, a 29-year-old single woman. I have a large frame and a chubby face. The overall package is appealing for my chubby cheeks are dimpled and my large frame is generously endowed (I am full in all the right places!). I hail from Amritsar, live in Delhi and work with ‘Xellence’ BPO. I have my own 2-bedroom apartment in a decent residential colony in Dwarka (curtsey papa Kapadia). My father is an Income Tax Commissioner in Amritsar. He got the flat that I live in as a ‘gift’ from someone he extended a favour to (you get the drift?). I am doing pretty well for myself. I am one of the managers in an Austrailian process. I spend almost as much as I earn. Buying shoes, handbags and designer wear is quintessential for a single woman. My single status is a cause of constant worry for papa and mama Kapadia. Being the only child of the Kapadias isn’t helping my case. I have 3 dearest friends in this whole wide world: Alvira, Yuveer and Sakshim. We meet every Wednesday and Friday for ‘drinks and dinner’ at some of the finest pubs in and around Delhi. We thoroughly enjoy the ‘regulars’ status at these dimly lit lounge bars. Saturdays are for ‘me’, my alone time. It has taken papa and mama Kapadia ages to accept the fact that I don’t like intrusion of any form, shape or size on Saturdays. My mobile phone, doorbell, mailbox and inbox go unanswered on this particular day of the week. My friends too have resigned to ‘my’ time and now respect my privacy and let me be. No, I don’t have a secret lover who sneaks in and spends sinfully hot afternoons, evenings or nights at my apartment. That doesn’t mean I am not looking for one. In fact both Alvira and I are totally on the lookout for eligible bachelors to fill our respective lives with Orchids, diamond jewels, well behaved kids, red brick houses with white picket fences in a nice suburb. Alvira and I would love to be neighbors (Remember the lives of the housewives on Wisteria lane?) though we are quite positive our lives wont be desperate. This pretty much sums me, my life and my dreams up.

The latest update:
I have found a rather interesting specimen at work. I have discussed him at length with my friends and they are all of the opinion that I must take matters into my own hands and literally dangle myself in front of his blinkered eyes.

His name is Manav Gulati. He looks like a well bred South Delhi Punju. He must be in his early thirties. He doesn't wear a wedding band, drives a Scoda and works as a Service Delivery Leader at 'Xcellence'.

The gang advises me to move in fast and gather as much information about him as possible. One of the most important rules of man hunting states that a single woman in desperate need of a husband must be vary of married men who are frustrated, bored out of their wits and looking for a brush with excitement. Women don’t get wiser with age; they just get desperate, hence more susceptible to the charm of married men.

Mission Manav:
1. Visit the nail bar, spa and beauty salon more frequently
2. Cut down on carb, fat and sugar intake
3. Go back to the Gym (Its paid for anyway!)and lose 5 pounds at least
4. Spruce up the wardrobe
5. Take more smoke breaks to increase the frequency of 'chance meetings'with Mr.G
6. Have a lot of water and orange juice to detoxify the body
7. Quit coffee (cigarettes are bad enough for the system and skin)
8. Switch to white wine from scotch (less calories and great for the skin)

I am all geared up to follow the 8 simple steps to a life full of happiness...

********************************

(To be continued...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha you remind me of me!